segunda-feira, 13 de julho de 2009

I went to see 'Bruno'


Today I went to see the new movie 'Bruno' the gay character created by Sacha Baron Cohen. And let me tell you what a fun it was: I never laughed so much on a theater! But that's not all... let me tell you.

I don't like crowded theaters so I went to the first session of the day, it was 2:05 PM and there I was. As I expected there were only 10 people in the room. After I came in the last three people(women) entered the room.

After the first five minutes of film when the gay sex stereotype really started to kick in those three women rapidly left the theater - They must have entered the wrong theater!

Then it came the break: as usual almost all people left the theater (to go to the bathroom or buy popcorn) but the amazing thing is that no one came back!
So I watched the rest of the movie with only two other women (mother and daughter, probably) with me.

When I stop to think about it I feel a bit sad that people think that some subjects (like homosexuality and religion) shouldn't be mocked of... as proved here in 'Bruno' and as it was in 'Dogma' these are some of the subjects that make open minded people laugh the most.

Unfortunately I can almost say that these 13 people represent the intolerant Portuguese society - only a few stand out from the swan.

I hope this movie can make a difference in favor of the gay community even though Bruno is nothing more that a stereotypical gay. Traditional people must start thinking that this community deserve equal rights.


IMDb
Rotten Tomatoes

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário