quarta-feira, 1 de julho de 2009

Why 'FurLovingVegan'?

Hello everybody!

This first post is to let you know who am I and why I created this space.

I'm a university student from Portugal and I'm 24.
I plan on using this place to speak out my ideas on everything I care about... from the origin of life to movies and TV with some touch on technology and of course give you some insights on Portugal.

If you're wondering about the title: it is more than an apparent contradiction. In fact a vegan is someone who doesn't EAT anything animal it doesn't say about what they wear :P
I am a wannabe vegan and I don't eat meat most of the time because it's healthier but family pressure and other motives force me to slip some times.
As for the fur I must say I have one leather jacket I love very much but it was not made from fur from wild animals. Things like the seal hunt really revolt me.

So I'm not a PETA fundamentalist but I do appreciate the job they do on protecting animals rights.

Stay safe.

2 comentários: